Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Faith is real. I think it is as close to a super power as we can get!

I have been feeling the urgency to write on the blog! I realize daily that I am enjoying and watching over J and my family in the New Year but most of you are not here and have no I idea except that no news is good news. Christmas was fun and relaxing for the most part. We tried really hard to just do what we wanted to do and not to get caught up in all of the craziness that can happen at times. J came home on Dec 23 and we had a big party at our house so everyone and anyone could come see him and wish him their best. It was awesome. We had supper and fireworks. It was freezing cold but everyone was outside setting off the best show FSJ has ever seen. For those of you who don't know we have an addiction to fireworks over the last 2 years and we love to get bigger and better. We got to see family and friends and spend lots of time playing games and visiting. I got a new game called Agricola from Christina and it was fun to learn and hang out.

Jason came home alittle on the chunky side. He has been so thin for so long and suddenly he goes from 72kg to 82 kg in a matter of weeks! I was actually shocked when I first saw him. Most of it is the steriod Prednisone. I told him he will just have to workout with me in the morning and get some pectoral muscles goin on! He is already loosing some of it just by being home and moving more. His meds are doing their jobs and seem to be balancing. He has had some headaches and his cat allergy did get worse. He was sitting in the same room as his mom yesterday, and she had cat hair on her sweater and he started to swell up and get itchy eyes. His scar is healing wonderfully and he is moving and feeling stronger. He still has some tremors off and on and emotions still run high and on the edge. His blood pressure seems to be out of wack and we need to figure that out but that will take time. He loves to be at home and wants to return to work as soon as there is some contracts arranged. He headed back to Vancouver today and will be back by Thursday the 7th at 3pm! Tomorrrow is his clinic day and we have lots of notes for them. We are asking...no begging to be transfered to Prince George.

Kevin is working hard and in my opinion too much. I watch him and he looks old and tired. I am saying this because I am worried. Erin commented and J when he got home that " Dad looks tired" and "Grandpa looks old all of the sudden!" I think he needs to be careful and I hope he is and lets others around him know if he feels rough. We had a wonderful NewYears Party thanks to Kevin and the bowling alley! Lots of fun. We had Avalin's 5th bday on Saturday with the Ritchies! We went snow shoeing and had a volcanoe cake that J made for her. Of all the cakes to pick in my special book she wants a volcanoe! We asked her what she wanted to do for her birthday and she says, " I want to go snowshoeing with William!" (her friend) So I called the mom and we planned a party at her mom's farm and we had soo much fun inspite of the -23c. We just bundled up! On Monday night we had a supper with the Alexander's at the bowling alley to celebrate some more. Great Grandma made her some birthday cookies and she was thrilled.

I want to post some new pictures and an update on what the clinic says tomorrow so I will post tomorrow after I know some more.

2 comments:

Lillian Wilkinson said...

So glad to hear he got to come home. I am praying for you and yours.
Lillian

Christina said...

Ya, dad does look tired. But he also looks happier than I've seen him in years! So hopefully the new year will be calmer than over the Christmas season and he can rest.

By the way, I keep forgetting to ask, how's Agricola with the additional cards??