


Today was so cold and my van was out for the count. I decided we were having a snow day and we just hung out and did stuff we needed to get done.
Raanin has decided that meditating is a good thing. I am not sure where he got the idea but I came in the living room and there he was. I was exercising this morning and he was doing puzzles. I had to stop to let the dog out and I come back and there he is doing my DVD, going for all he is worth! He says, "Its okay mom! I am doing it for you until you get back!" If only it actually worked that way. Erin and I have decided in the last month to start volunteering at the Theatre as ushers. She gets something to put on a resume and I get time with her and I love theatre and we get to see a show for free! So tonight Michelle Wright was here and we got to talk to her and take a picture with her.( it really is a bad pic but oh well) Erin liked her perfume and she says she won't wash her sweater she had on cause now it smells like Michelle....(she had on
alot of it). So last week I had an idea for a family I heard about that needed help. I got a small tree and asked everyone I know to contribute a gift certificate of whatever amount they felt and where ever they felt to get it from. I thought then the family could spend it how they needed. I gave a deadline of Monday at 5pm. Sunday I thought I would get most of them at church. I did get many. I was fairly pleased with 350. and thought that was good. Well....
alll day today my door bell kept ringing. It was -35 c and people came with more and more gifts certificates to put on the tree. I now have 810.00 on that tree! I put lights and ornaments and a star on top. I even put Joy the sheep.(known to those of us who went to the ward
Christmas party) Joy is an
anonymous sheep that does a good deed and then that person puts her down and hopes someone else will pick her up to pass the deed along. She has
instructions on her collar. I felt the Christmas spirit today. I loved it. I made popcorn treats with the kids and we handed it out! Uncle Steve came and worked on
tarping in my van and heating it with a propane torch and started it! Yahoo! So now I have to set my alarm and start it every 2 hours so it starts in the morning. I felt love today. I felt warmth. Merry Christmas and may you all feel this spirit of Christmas by serving with love.
4 comments:
Please show us a picture of 'Joy' and post the instructions from her collar. L Mmm
I love Christmas. And I am the real Michelle Wright. Did I spell my name right?
I thought that was you Kara!
Glad to hear J is making progress. I was a dialysis nurse back in the infancy days of dialysis, and have a soft spot in my heart for all dealing with kidney failure.
Please give your Mom our blog address. I would love to hear from her. http://hugomission.blogspot.com
Thanks, and our love to all of you. Nancy Hugo
Post a Comment