Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Belugas, Bubbles and Best Friends!

My friend Angie came to see me on Wednesday last week! Finally got the pictures off the camera!


Erin full of Electricity!
Erin got to stand inside a bubble!
Raanin got to shot a bottle rocket up to the second floor!
During the bubble show, Raanin got to try to make square bubbles. It didn't work.
They did a shock link and Erin got to be the first one and Raanin the last. He didn't like it but Nic and J and Erin did!
On the Aqua bus!
Chasing the birds on Granville Island at lunch. Raanin loves it. I kept having to remind him not to kick the birds!
Giant Sea Turtles and so much more!
This tree was amazing. Erin says she wants her wedding pictures done with this tree. It is outside the Aquarium.
This was cool! You go under and put your head inside the tank in the bubble and you can see things from the inside!


Monday and Tuesday have felt like a holiday and an unreal zone. Everything has been so intense and yet so frustrating because of all the emotional and physical experiences. We are so loving having our children here and being able to do things with them and share time and experiences with them. At the same time I find myself on the verge of tears as I watch them and worry about them because in a few days I will have to watch them leave again. I have made sure they are all patched up for health and things like new bras and jackets(which we bought for wicked deals here) are purchased. This stupid H1N1 thing is driving me crazy. One day I decide to get the vaccine and the next I think better of it. Not that I can get it right now anyways because they are all out! In my mind here are the pros and cons (right or wrong I don't know but this is what is in my mind) Pros: safe, stop worrying, protected for life, J is protected from them. Cons: Introducing an unknown and untested something into my family. Fear is an interesting thing. I have read and studied many sides of this over the last 2 weeks and I just really don't know. For now I will sit on it and wait. Why? cause I can and cause I have to....there isn't any available! What gets me the most is that I wish I could know if they have already had it. What is the point of getting a needle if you already had it! Yes I know ....it doesn't matter.... Just my thought process.
Anyways! Yesterday we went to the Aquarium and saw lots of cool stuff. We ate at the old spagetti factory in Gas Town and went Antique shopping. I love sifting through old stuff. Today we went to Granville Island and then took a Aqua bus across to the Science Center. It was amazing! We spent so much time there and never got bored. In fact if you ever go....use the entire day 9-5 cause we wish we did! We went to all the live shows and the kids got to be part of the shows. Bubble show and Science Surprises!
Jason is doing better. He is walking lots and taking it easy. We had to get him a wheel chair at the Aquarium yesterday. It was kinda cool cause Erin liked pushing him around and showing him stuff. I think it was good for them. The first Clinic was today and we learned a few things about eating. He should stay away from raw meat or anything uncooked like sushi or Med rare steak. He has to have high protien. Not sure of all the reasons but you know me! I will by the end of it! I haven't had alot of time to learn and ask questions lately. The kids take up an immense amount of energy and time. J gets tired of them fast. He doesn't want to but I can tell he does. We don't want them to go but when they do it will be healing and learning time. J has been staying in the Kidney Condo with Nic and I am with the kids in the Hotel. It gives him time and space.

This is Avalin during the bubble show! She got to stand in a bubble. At the beginning of the video you miss that Avalin almost steps in the bubble pool. The lady was scared for a minute cause she liked Avi's boots and was more worried about those boots than anything else! It was cute.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ginger, I am amazed at your detailed accounts of your experiences. I finally had time to go to the blog and catch up and am so glad things are going well. I was in Vancouver on Wed. when he had the surgery and thought of you and prayed for you all often. It's good to read about the challenges and victories and be able to pray more acurately. God bless you! Let me know if I can do anything for you at this end.
Roxanne McAleney

Anonymous said...

Didn't want to sign up or make an account so I guess I am "anonymous"!
Roxanne

Kimber said...

Wedding pictures, Erin??? Are you kidding? I can't even get Meg to go to a dance yet. I thought you guys were still--what, nine years old? Ah well. I don't know why but this post really hit me this morning. Praying for you and yours.

Linda said...

Personally I think she should get them taken in a bubble - would that be possible ERIN? snicker giggle chortle! And btw - the hair is gorgeous girl. Nice cut - no not with the static (I so love those pictures) but the one on the Aqua bus. LDMm