Playing in the bathtub in the hotel cause they wanted to! It was a great place to pretend!
Found Douglas Park. Very nice. Spent lots of time with Erin on the zip line. All the kids lined up cause Erin was willing to lift them up and play with them.
The trees and leaves are beautiful! Erin loves them and keeps finding chestnuts!
Ginger after her Stamps won in the last 5 mins of the game! I think I may have been the only fan going for Red!
Jason and Kevin went as hospital patients. Sue as an Eskimo and Nic was Jughead.(To the game!) J still had the 3 tubes hanging off his neck so he just improvised!
Avalin was Eeyore. Love the Boots! Found them here! Of course!
Raanin was Peter Pan
Jason and his kids waiting for the game to start!
Avalin has a cough so she has to be masked!
So the last few days we have been having fun because my 3 kids came down! They apparently rode a snow storm out and barley made it! I appreciate Nic and Grandma bringing them. That is a long drive! We are staying in a hotel and J is staying at our apt. He got released on Friday night and had to do 2 more treatments. (6hrs each) His creatine is still down at 130 and he is doing good. He gets tired easily and I can tell he is frustrated he can't pick up those kids! He has to rest lots and be careful. He got his main line in his neck removed today at about 2pm . His cousin David came to see him and hang out while he was on the last IV. I know that meant alot to J. He was saying he really appreciated seeing him. I think there is a lot of history there that I will never know or understand. J came to church after he got out and got to go to the last hour and a potluck in the gym. The ward here is so nice and welcoming. We have met lots of people and feel right at home. I do miss FSJ ward. As I watch I realize how we really have it good! And can we do potluck! Here not so much! We went Trick or Treating to about 10 houses and then went to the BC vrs Calgary game! It was awesome. We had fun. My team is the Stamps and we won! We had a small hiccup during the game. At about 730 J turns to me and says....."I forgot my meds!"(he has to take them at 8pm) I didn't even know what to say to him. He can't drive so I have to go get them. I go out and they tell me once you are in you can't leave and come back! So explain and they make a special arrangement with security to let me back in ( I have Sue with me and Avalin who has had enough and wants to go home) So off we go and realize getting there is waaaay easier than getting out! So we are lost in downtown! So I call and we get directions cause I went and left the map in J's back pocket! Finally we get them and leave Avalin with Great grandma who didn't go to the game, and get back into the game and he has his meds! Morale of the story? I will carry a set of extra meds in my purse! Good thing we were close and decided to drive! See these meds are not optional! If he doesn't take them and at the same time each day he can loose the kidney! New things to learn. I think he learned it! I miss so many things and people. It is interesting how linked out lives are. I know God lives. I know he answers prayer. I am so thankful for my husband and his strength and courage. I am thankful for my kids and their courage for being without us. I am so proud of Erin and how she is improving and working hard to do better! She is up to Bs in all her classes! She is caught up on homework and is working part-time! She is living life and doing it with a smile. I love her dearly. I have wonderful brothers and sisters (In- law included!) that have given me nothing but love and support. I love my parents and am thankful for their advice and time. Jason's parents are always there to make a bumpy ride smoother. This may sound perfect....it isn't but the good outweighs the bad and that is all that counts!
2 comments:
I'm so glad you had a good weekend!
YAY! Lots and lots of happiness happening :) Makes me happy:)
Post a Comment