Friday, November 20, 2009

"God speaks Italian" continued....and he shovels snow!

I just finished reading my sister's blog and am touched by her experiences. I tried to write about my experience and when I read this I can only relate her story and quote from her blog....She tells the story of her stubborn children fighting over a seat in the van on Sunday while trying to make it to church on time. She speaks of trying to connect with a "silent" God as she searches for an answer to prayer. When she is sitting after the church meeting a leader in her ward (who has an Italian accent) speaks to her about her son (who has caused some of the strife) and how wonderful he is and all the good things he is doing and how is she doing etc.
Quote:"He's a pretty good kid," I acknowledge, and as I say it, I can feel the truth of what this man is saying in my bones. This was a middle-aged, bespectacled man speaking to me, but I heard the voice of God in my extremities. It's going to be okay. Your efforts will be enough. You are not alone.Your best effort is enough. You are not alone. God hears and answers prayer--sometimes in an Italian accent, and often when you least expect it--but His grace is ever-sufficient.
"God does notice us and He watches over us, but it is usually through another person that he meets our needs." (Spencer W. Kimball, 1895-1985.)


No comments: