On the other things. We went to Jared and Angie's for church and then to the parents house for supper. It was nice to just hang out and visit. They gave us their extra vehicle to drive around while we are here. J forgot to take his meds last night at 8. It was 10 before we realized it. I am stressed out. He doesn't seem to think it is a big deal. I do. I am female and controlling though! Sue took my kids to church yesterday. I am so thankful for that. It know it took alot for her to go there and do that for us. It has been raining here for many days and grey. Yuck! I want FSJ sunshine any day! J is tired today. It is lunch and he doesn't want to get up. I can't help but worry. Thank you to Tracey and your help with paper work etc. It is such a huge weight off things. Have a good day and take care of you and yours. love and thanks to all of you for your support and prayers and love.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Mom's the Word....
I haven't been writing as much because, really there is nothing going on except brain power and walking. I love theatre and never really get the chance to see good theatre because of where I live. So I saw this poster for a show on Granville Island called Mom's the Word. It is a show about the ups and downs of being a mother and a woman. I should have clued in when I walked in and counted 12 men(J included) and over 500 females! I was an amazing journey thru 5 women's experiences of childbirth, sorrow, joy, anger, regret and the unique things only a woman can possibly understand. I laughed so hard I cried. Then I cried and sobbed silently, wondering how much J was even understanding. Why was I crying? Because of the universal feelings that came thru. I am not suggesting any man go to this play unless they are studying the female gender and motherhood. It was moving and captured all of the amazing and gross and beauty and rude things we as females do or our bodies do whether we like it or not! Jason hasn't said much. He liked it. That is about as much as he has said on the subject. I did not agree with some of the content but I wondered how they could have portrayed it any other way! We as woman need to know we are not the only ones! They touched on everything from nursing to menopause, love to affairs, premature birth to sex education for your teen, breast cancer to ridiculous toddler antics! I could have done without some of the images but still am questioning my directors brain as to how else to present such things in a universal and awe inspiring way. There are a few things I know how to change for the better. I will get my hands on this show someday. I wanted other woman to see it. I craved my sisters and friends and others to cry and laugh with me. I wanted others I know to see that they are part of a wonderful group of women who have made the world a better place and done the best that they can with what they have and know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I often think of the scripture that says we shouldn't call good evil and evil good--we don't want to expose ourselves or our families to evil, and yet there can be a lot of good in a production or a book--good stuff--and it is a difficult line to draw sometimes--I read a really thought provoking, important book that had a lot of vulgarity in it, for that reason. I don't think I would have ever come to the understanding I did, had I not read the book--but was it right to read it? I think we can be guilty of calling good evil because we are too lazy to draw the line, and we just keep to the really, obviously "safe" stuff.
Post a Comment