Saturday, November 28, 2009
Thanksgiving and Birthday......
J is doing really well. He is currently down in Seattle with my family celebrating American Thanksgiving.....yes you can all bug him later. For those that don't know, my husband is very Canadian and loves to tease anyone he can about being an American. I got to use Skype to play our favorite group dice game for 3 hours last night! They just put the laptop on the table and there I was live on the screen and I could see all of them. It was cool. It sounded like I had 10 people over at my house! Thanks be to Jared for putting that on my computer while I was in Van! It made it possible for me to feel part of my family for a short time and to see and hang out with J. On another note I had a truly memorable birthday. I was having the same old birthday I usually do and not really liking it. Judy Hawthorne shows up with a cute little cake just for me! I wanted to cry. A birthday to me is really about having a cake. Not just any cake but a homemade one that is just for you. I never really realized until that second how much that meant to me . My mom always made us whatever kind of cake we wanted and decorated it how ever we wanted. Judy knows I love her pumpkin cake and she made it! It was amazing. Then Theresa Brown calls and over she comes with this huge bunch of balloons and a movie ticket and some chinese specials! You rock! It really was exactly what I needed. More than she will ever know. My grandparents called faithfully and my parents sang loud and lovely. Who could ask for anything more....oh wait one more thing. I got a present from Erin. She got it all by herself and she put my name on the birthday list on the radio. I won a 25.oo gift cert to a flower shop! Cool stuff! Uncle Steve came over and we got all of my decorations up outside for Christmas. I got to hang out with my friend Cynthia and I am going on a later lunch date with Tracey and Coral and I went out to end it all off right. I am truly blessed. Thank you for loving me and mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
hhaaaaa - lovely should have been in quotes there - we all sang as off key as possible! But it was so fun and very cool to Skype you. Being able to look up and see and hear you there by J was almost as good as having you there. Sorry we missed getting the kids on there with us. Maybe next time ... LMm
Sorry I didn't call. Just keeping head above water this week, I guess. But I'm glad you had a good day!
Skype sounds cool. How do I get it for my Utah family????
Look at Mrs. Selfish. I AM SUCH A LOSER I FORGOT! I knew it was your birthday last weekend. Good thing you have awesome friends (not me.) Can I still use the pregnant-recovery brain excuse, cause I still feel like its alive and well. I really am sorry. And there you are at the church working on Creche while I type to you. This is so sad.
Post a Comment