Okay we are here and in our kidney condo. It is about 30 min power walk to VGH and it has a kitchen. Only thing is there is no door on the bathroom...only a curtain......no hiding farts now! The condo is 25 a day and it comes with all towels and bedding and kitchen stuff. J has it until Nov 14 and then we will have to find something else. If we are lucky they will let us stay longer if there is noone else that needs it. These condos are for kidney patients who can't affort anthing else. So if there isn't anyone else needing a free room we will get it longer. We explored lots of the area and walked all over. I am a little sore but will survive! I think J was walking to deal with stress. We found this awesome whole foods store. Take Save on and turn it all organic! It is expensive but the bakery is amazing!!!!! We had a blueberry flatbread and a pretzel and it was the best thing ever! As you know j loves to discover new pop and natural pop made with different things. So we find an entire isle and he finds some he wants and gets 3 bottles. I thoughtmmmmmmm alittle expensive and 4 a bottle but ok . So he cracks one and drinks half and likes it. I ask for a sip( I am not a fan of pop but like to try them) and wham! One sip and I know what that is! Ahhhhh J what is in that......it was a cooler! hahahahha! Nothing like going in for a kidney transplant and having your first drink in 8 years! Saw amazing colors and flowers. The weather is amazing.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Discovering, walking, waiting.......No bathroom door!
Okay we are here and in our kidney condo. It is about 30 min power walk to VGH and it has a kitchen. Only thing is there is no door on the bathroom...only a curtain......no hiding farts now! The condo is 25 a day and it comes with all towels and bedding and kitchen stuff. J has it until Nov 14 and then we will have to find something else. If we are lucky they will let us stay longer if there is noone else that needs it. These condos are for kidney patients who can't affort anthing else. So if there isn't anyone else needing a free room we will get it longer. We explored lots of the area and walked all over. I am a little sore but will survive! I think J was walking to deal with stress. We found this awesome whole foods store. Take Save on and turn it all organic! It is expensive but the bakery is amazing!!!!! We had a blueberry flatbread and a pretzel and it was the best thing ever! As you know j loves to discover new pop and natural pop made with different things. So we find an entire isle and he finds some he wants and gets 3 bottles. I thoughtmmmmmmm alittle expensive and 4 a bottle but ok . So he cracks one and drinks half and likes it. I ask for a sip( I am not a fan of pop but like to try them) and wham! One sip and I know what that is! Ahhhhh J what is in that......it was a cooler! hahahahha! Nothing like going in for a kidney transplant and having your first drink in 8 years! Saw amazing colors and flowers. The weather is amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So maybe when Jay gets really restless, he can install a door on the sly! Nobody will ever notice if he sneaks it in under cover of darkness.
Buncha drunks!!
Post a Comment