Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Finally more information! It Begins....more door issues

So! I am going to first give all you hungry people info so I don't have to keep disappointing you with "I don't know" We finally got some answers! J was admitted at 1pm today and he went thru lots of tests and questions and signing! It was crazy. We met his teamssssss plural . His surgeon looks maybe 20 but wow does he have a presence! He is amazing. The nurse described him .." Dr. Nguan (Japanese) is the best in his department and he is exact and has superb technique." Wow! I was instantly drawn to him and he had a presence that enveloped the room. Hard to describe. They asked way toooooo many questions and such ( 3 hours of it) not kidding! We met a lady named Rosemary. She is my favorite. She took alot of blood and she says she loves blood! So we call her Rosemary Terintino! For those of you who aren't fans it is a movie director that has lots of blood in his films. We told her this and she loved it. She is this little hungarian woman! She is a researcher for the BC kidney foundation explained it all Bio 101. She wanted J to be part of a new research for Bio markers that will change transplant history. (Ask me later) So we signed up and all it involves is 6 vials of blood per week. So here is the schedule. It isn't exact but that is expected.
Oh ya his room has no Door! no kidding! he shares it with another guy and there are curtains but J is facing the hall! nice. But he has an amazing view of the harbour and mountains and all of the city! J says if he gets mad at the nurses he will just "forget" to close his gown and roll over and go to sleep!
Kevin goes in at 730am for his surgery. When the kidney is out and tested ( they do a biopsy) to make sure it works and is good, they will bring in J. This will be at about 10am. The actaul surgery is only 30min but the prep and after is the long part. 4-6 hours. We were told that they would leave in the tube for his dyalysis but the Surgeon rolled his eyes and said quote, "Oh ye of little faith."!!!!! He is taking it out. He will be in recovery until 9 or 10 pm and that is when I can hang out with him. The surgeon will call my cell when it is done and let me know how it all went. So tomorrow will be a long day. I am not sure what I am going to do . Christina and my Dad and will be here tomorrow. Am I nervous....not sure. I must be cause I am restless. Jason said this morning while we were walking...." I don't want to go to the hospital, I don't like it." I replied" you can back out at any time." J-"No I can't Me- "Why not?" J- " Something about my sense of inappropriate behavior!" What a guy!
He is in room 10-F-800. Love you all and hereerereerer we go! Oh ya! This is cool! The hook up the organ and it is blue! Then they start putting the blood thru and it turns pink and starts producing waste within 5mins! That is cool!

3 comments:

Chuck and Nancy said...

We pray. Nancy

Linda said...

Papa is at Necia's tonight and will be on his way early. I expect he will just call you. Thanks for the information. I am doing 'Nervous Nellie' stuff myself. L Mm

Anonymous said...

Jay is in my prayers, as is your entire family. I know everything will go well and the surgery will be a success.