Monday, October 26, 2009

Pouring rain outside....sunshine inside....

Sunday morning started with the news of needing Prednisone(500mg!) But I went to church in the rain and everything was good. It was the primary presentation today. Theresa have I got to call you and tell you what they did. It was so good. I had many tears all through out all 3 meetings! The song, 'Master the tempest is raging', I was a blubering idiot. Yet it was all good. Gordon Laurie was there visiting(used to come to church in FSJ) I knew a lady there from Lethbridge and the Elders all wanted to know if I knew all the Stamp family cause Benton was in this area! I met a senior missionary couple that I knew from BowIsland. The Atwoods. I used to date their son! Crazy! The spirit in the ward was amazing and I enjoyed all the spanish and chinese! Most of the ward was not from here. As I walked thru the halls I was surrounded by other languages. Sunday School was on the stage in Tagalog? A language from the Phillipines. The ward rallied around us and 2 of the Elders Quorum came down and gave J the Bread and Water. They also gave him a blessing that helped him understand that he has to look for life lessons in all of this and he will gain understandings that others who don't have to experience this don't get to understand. When I got back from church....wow! different guy. He was hyper and calling Nic and Dean. He was loud and eating. I didn't connect until he says "whoa! I see in 3D! What? Ya those shapes keep flying at me." Apparently 2x4s float as well! He doesn't want anyone to know (hahahahahaha evil laugh) cause he doesn't want to seem crazy. I asked the nurse and she reminded me that the steriod has a side effect of hallucinations. She says to be glad he is happy because most guys cry and sob like babies on them! Nice. So tomorrow he gets another big dose so we shall have fun bee bobbing around in his gown! He loves to go for walks right now and get icecream from the kitchen. He says he is planning in detail for work that anytime he moves too fast things fly at him! Ya Dean when he called you he was feeling fine! They gave him a private room and he is so happy. In the morning it is biopsy time, he had me bring him his sunglasses cause he wants to wear them to the appointment. Well goodnite all. I had a fun time hanging out with him even if he was on drugs that caused it. I hated the other way he was.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Hahaha, that's great! It may have just been the drugs, but it's still wonderful to hear him closer to normal. Minus the floating objects of course! If nothing else, you deserve this break from dealing with the depression Ginger!