Last night and this morning was really hard. He is reacting to his meds and it is all normal just not fun. Balancing it all will take time. He was up and down all night. Slept alittle between 1 and 6. He is on a fluid diet still and the Marcrophenalate? my spelling is not right ( just how it sounds) It is really hard on the stomach so he has heart burn and nauseau and the Tacrolmolis (TAC)is the worst. It messes with the brain and the kidney and he has too much of it so they are cutting back but it is hard because he isn't eating. Headaches, nauseau, heartburn, these are all on the list. He is hyper sensitive to smell and light this morning and it is making him grumpy. I think it is funny cause he has never been able to smell anything and suddenly his system is working and so his sense of smell is working and he doesn't like it! Dr. Shapiro came in this morning and he said she smelled. The coffee from the next room made him sick. The helicopter pad is right below our room so it came in this morning and he didn't even want me to raise the blinds so he could see. I called Eleanor this morning(she is a friend that had a transplant here a year ago) and she reassured me this was all normal and just to hang in there. His creatine is up today to 330 but they said that was from the TAC. I can tell I need to make friends with TAC cause I am not liking it. I came home to have a shower and blog and then I am going back. His sister is sitting with him now. I saw an amazing sight this morning. This street looked like it was on fire. The leaves on the ground are so amazing. I tried to take a picture but it isn't like the real thing. Vancouver at night is amazing to watch. I was looking out at the view and I noticed my chocolate leaning on the handsanitizer bottle. I found it an interesting picture to think about and laugh about because of the chocolate and the name of the bottle. I will let you decide what it all means. I am greatful for my blessings and the ability to think for and act for myself. I wonder as I sit and watch people here. There is so much hopelessness. I am truly blessed. Christina has a bit of a cold so that is why she has a mask on. No big deal.( in case you were wondering)
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Enduring to the End
Last night and this morning was really hard. He is reacting to his meds and it is all normal just not fun. Balancing it all will take time. He was up and down all night. Slept alittle between 1 and 6. He is on a fluid diet still and the Marcrophenalate? my spelling is not right ( just how it sounds) It is really hard on the stomach so he has heart burn and nauseau and the Tacrolmolis (TAC)is the worst. It messes with the brain and the kidney and he has too much of it so they are cutting back but it is hard because he isn't eating. Headaches, nauseau, heartburn, these are all on the list. He is hyper sensitive to smell and light this morning and it is making him grumpy. I think it is funny cause he has never been able to smell anything and suddenly his system is working and so his sense of smell is working and he doesn't like it! Dr. Shapiro came in this morning and he said she smelled. The coffee from the next room made him sick. The helicopter pad is right below our room so it came in this morning and he didn't even want me to raise the blinds so he could see. I called Eleanor this morning(she is a friend that had a transplant here a year ago) and she reassured me this was all normal and just to hang in there. His creatine is up today to 330 but they said that was from the TAC. I can tell I need to make friends with TAC cause I am not liking it. I came home to have a shower and blog and then I am going back. His sister is sitting with him now. I saw an amazing sight this morning. This street looked like it was on fire. The leaves on the ground are so amazing. I tried to take a picture but it isn't like the real thing. Vancouver at night is amazing to watch. I was looking out at the view and I noticed my chocolate leaning on the handsanitizer bottle. I found it an interesting picture to think about and laugh about because of the chocolate and the name of the bottle. I will let you decide what it all means. I am greatful for my blessings and the ability to think for and act for myself. I wonder as I sit and watch people here. There is so much hopelessness. I am truly blessed. Christina has a bit of a cold so that is why she has a mask on. No big deal.( in case you were wondering)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You're doing great at hanging in there - this too shall pass. Our love and prayers to you all.
Doug and Sharon
ooooh, Monday is taking FOREVER to arrive! I'll try and give you a call tonight or tomorrow! Love you!!!
The leaves rustle in even the slightest breeze or even breathe of air from even our own presence and passing that varying movement combined with their many vibrant colors mixes to cause that wonderful effect. I have seen it myself - it is wonderful to witness. L Mm
I read your blog every day and we think about you two a lot! You're in our thoughts and prayers. Tell Jason we think he's awesome, some people will do ANYTHING to take a trip out of FSJ.
Hey! It's like he's pregnant!
Post a Comment