So today was a good day in that J got his catheter out and he was up all day and playing cards and yaking. The biopsy was not as bad as he thought and he has stopped hallucinating for now.....So the biopsy confirmed that he was in acute rejection and so they have changed everything. His Creatine went from 414-406 so down but not enough. The Prednisone stopped the episode for now but now they have to bring in the air strike and the heavy artillery. Jason says he has a Chuck Norris kidney and it doesn't want to stay a prisoner! They are about to start a regime of drugs over the next 4-6 days that may cause some not so fun things to happen. It will solve it but in the mean time ......So for all you drug and medical fans(Amy, Mom, Christina, Marjo, Jackie, etc) here you go! They are going to take him off of Tacrolimus and cut his Mycophenolate from 100mg to 500mg (Anti-rejection drugs) They will give him 125mg of Prednisone(steriod that gives him hallucinations) before they gave him 500mg so this should be easier. A pre drug regime will start now of Tylenol for fever and headache, Benydryl for rashes and reactions, and sleeping pills cause for the next 12 hours it could be adventurous. Next they will give him the Air strike of ATG or Antithymocyte Globulin the side effects are all the flu symptoms and allergy symptoms! Basically he is going to feel like a truck hit him. This is is given at 125mg over a 12 hour period, 6 times.....ya I know. Breathe Ginger get another pastry and hold on tight. Now that is not all no dear that is not all! Now we have a problem....ATG causes CMV positive people to have problems(which he is) so they are going to give him a drug called Ganciclovir or Cytovene or DHPG it can cause nervousness and nightmares, Nausea, headache, tremors. So lets get him feeling like H1N1 and then hit him with hallucinations and now lets put him to sleep and give him nightmares! Ya Ya that sounds like a great idea! I have to laugh or I will cry. This will go on for 4-6 days! Bring it on!
I am so glad he had a good day yesterday and today so he could have a break. I have decided getting a kidney is like having a baby. Nobody tells you everything! You just wouldn't do it if you really knew. I have been looking for somewhere to move to for Nov 14 when we can't stay in the kidney condo anymore. Wow! Van is so expensive. 2-5 grand a month! For one bedroom! I found one called Oakway Manor today that is right across the street from Emergency. It is nice and it was only 2600 for Nov. 14 to Dec 23. (That is when he can fly home for Christmas) So that sucked! But it is fully furnished and nice and clean and it allows kids. I am looking into flying the kids here with Airmiles at the last week of November. Avalin is sad and it is a long time. We will see. J has to be at clinic at 7 am so this will me easier than trying to stay out in Surrey or where ever. Lots of people have places way cheaper but they are so far away and he can't ride public transit soooo.... Well heard a cool quote from Judy's email. I think it came from Stake Conference this weekend. "Reputation is what people think of us; Character is what God and Angels think of us." So here we go !
5 comments:
We just read the last 3 posts to Grandma and Grandpa Forsyth - he said, "have fun" - she said, "you know what I would say, 'just trust the Good Lord'it will all work out in the long run." Grandpa said Ken Stewart had some trouble with rejection at first but he has done the best of several that were done at the same general time as he was. LMm
BTW - I absolutely love the hat! (and his glasses)snicker L Mm
Chuck Norris kidney...ha!!!
still praying for you. so glad to hear that j may be able to go home for christmas
love, stef and rith
Just reading the blog with my mom. We both feel for you. I agree. If they told you everything, you wouldn't go through with a lot of stuff in life. Maybe that's why we get a nice little forgetting of our former life... wouldn't want to come here if we knew what we had to leave behind!
Anyway, take care. Love you guys.
Wendy
I love you, I love you, I love you and I will SEE YOU TOMORROW!!! :D
Post a Comment