Well I came in and Kevin was in J's room drinkin his coffee. Kev says, " can you believe it, they only gave me one cup! So I came to steal J's." Kevin is really good. He got up and got dressed and is released so he is now hanging out with J. Jason is up and hasn't pushed his drug button for the last 8 hours. His blood pressure is really high 162 over 95 this morning. They said that is normal with the amount of fluids they push thru so the kidney stays "wet". They removed the IV for fluid because he is drinking enough. He ate jello for breakfast and apple juice and kept it down. So he may get lunch. He had a sponge bath and is up and sitting in a chair. The nurses here are amazing. I am just an ornamental observer. The surgeon came in and was mad at PG because apparently his cathedar for his dyalysis was done wrong and it took him longer to take it out and repair J than the kidney surgery did! Interesting. It was always uncomfortable for him but you chalk it up to normal and move on. Now we know better. Today we walk alot. He has to cough and walk each hour. They do his vitals each hour. We also get to start getting educated about medicine and dosages. Monday looks like the eviction day. His creatine was 230 this morning! wow. It started at 600 or so! Last night it was 300 so this is very very good.
Papa and I figured out the bus system last night. Sue and I decided to go figure out the Sky train. We rode the Canada Line. I went for supper at a very yummy place called the Mongolia Grill. You pick your food and put it in a bowl and they ask you how much you think it will weigh and if you are right your dinner is free. Then they cook it on a big grill and bring it to you. It was amazing. Now I need to find slippers. Angie find a walmart and we need some goofy ones! love u all and ttyl.
Friday, October 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Consider this mission ACCOMPLISHED!!!
Good news!
I love Mongolia Grill. Wish it was here in FSJ :)
Post a Comment