Today has been about drugs, family, friends and drugs. We learned about dosages and times and side effects. He is on this Tricol....mmmm don't have the name yet in my repitiore. Anyways it is an anti rejection drug. They are trying to monitor how much to give him and it is supposed to be between 7-12 and his is 26! So they cut way back. tomorrow they will try again. He is off the Hydramorph and is on oral pain pills. There is still a central line in his neck for taking blood and giving stuff and he still has in a catheder(Yuck those suck!) Dawn and Amy his cousins came today (they live in Van) and we all went to Earls and had fun. Then we all came to see J. After they left I was going to leave and he said no and said he didn't feel right. Not pain or sick or dizzy but just different and that he didn't want me to leave. soo here I am. The nurse says this may be just his blood pressure or just a side effect of the rejection drugs. so now we start the part we have dreaded. Balancing the drugs. We are going to focus on the good stories and not the bad and hope for the best and smart doctors. They say he will have good days and bad and that until it is all balanced it could be a roller coaster. Kevin is doing really well and things are good. The kids are happy and healthy. I called them and they barley wanted to talk cause they were busy.
I enjoyed talking with Dawn and Amy. Ivy and Tom were there too and it was neat to listen as Amy talked Paramedic and Ivy talked Teacher and Dawn was to quiet and thoughtful. Amy talked about whales and then Ivy talked about Cows and everyone talked dogs and cats like they were kids. I love family and friends and dynamics! It makes me feel alive! By the way...Angie his feet are size 9.5! Salutations to you and yours. Off I go to watch the sleeping beauty. If you want to call me I have my cell. I am not at my room.
Friday, October 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment