We were talking to the kids on MSN video today and they start telling us Happy anniversary! We totally forgot! Both of us didn't think about it once. Jason says good thing I am not one of those women who remember dates cause he would be in trouble. I tend to remember birthdays but that is about it. The kids are counting down sleeps until we come home. 5 sleeps! Avalin was crying cause she wanted it to be no more sleeps. That was hard to hear.
Hemo was at 8am this morning and it made him really cold. His blood pressure after was 126over72!!!yikes. They apparently took off too much fluid. Whatever that means. I really wonder about how much they know and how much they guess. They seem to base everything on patients who are old and who have diabetes. Not a healthy young guy who doesn't have all the symptoms they say he should have. I hope that means they are wrong and he can heal and get well. Jason had a depressing discovery today. He was reading things about transplants and the article said that a transplant usually last 10-15 years max. That only puts him at 50 when it fails again? !!!! so then what????another one????We are discouraged by this. We really need to start talking to people on line and such to see how others in his age and situation are dealing with things.
Church today was good. So grateful for our blessings and comforts we have in FSJ. We seem to learn the most when we draw closer to God. Jason decided to take his scriptures to Hemo today instead of watching TV. He says he realized how we need to make the choice to draw closer. God is already there. I realized how we complain about not having enough time to read or study and now I have all the time in the world and....I have not done it. I have wasted alot of time with TV or just doing nothing. Yet I am praying daily and in my heart constantly...expecting an answer but not turning to where I can get answers. It only took 3 weeks! Hopefully we can do better this week.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy Anniversary! It was nice to see Jason doing a post the other day. We finally got our passports--they came in 10 days, actually, which amazed me. I talked to Erin the other night online. They'll be glad to have you home--funny how we take our parents/God for granted until we are forced to really think about it, until we really need them. We're praying for "Avy and Raanin's dad"--When I say Jason, it doesn't quite click the same way for these guys, until they make the connection that it's someone's dad. Praying for you too.
Kimber
Happy Anniversary.
I keep forgetting how close your anniversary is to ours. We celebrated our tenth on Friday. It just feels a little weird to think about it. We miss you and are looking forward to seeing you. Marcus and Anna-Marie make sure to remind us to keep you in our prayers.
If you're home on Friday I guess Erin won't want to babysit on Saturday. Hmmm. I'll have to think about this,
Anyway, we'll see you both soon.
Don't forget that you can call Eleanor - who had her transplant in October (& is 34 years old) - for advice & support. She is in Vancouver for her check ups again.
Post a Comment