I miss my kids. So does J. It was so nice to have them here but so crazy! It is so nice to have my parents here and to know that Js family is all there for us as well. We are truly blessed. Erin left for Girls camp this morning. I hope she has fun and packed smart! Wow talk about cutting the apron strings. We were sad that she didn't get into EFY this summer but what a blessing that she didn't . We would not have been able to take her. So many little blessings.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Code Yellow or a Day Pass
Jason felt like superman today. He played with the kids before they headed home and then he had his antibiotics and when those were done he says" Ging you have my suitcase in the Van? Lets go get my shorts and shirt" So we did and he gets dressed(with pain I might add) He goes to the nurses station and says " You ladies and nice and I don't want to be rude but I need a pass out of here and if I can't have that you will have to have a code Yellow. "(which is a wandering patient) The nurses scrambled. They asked him to wait 15min. So about 2 min later they had him a pass until 11pm. The nurses were all cat calling him and telling him how different he looked with clothes on! hahahaha. So we went out and shopped for about 30min and he got really tired and didn't feel to good. So we went to Earls for supper and then we went to a movie. It was nice and we were never more than 2 blocks from the hospital. We were back by 9:30 and the nurses were happy. Then we sat and watched a storm roll in and a lightning show. A nurse came in and did his blood pressure 145 over 95. Yesterday it was 135 over 75 so we can do better. She was also worried about his iv port and catheder in his neck. She took out his hand one until tomorrow cause it didn't look good at all. They will clean the other one tomorrow. He has hemo at 8:30am. The dietician will be back tomorrow and so will our favorite nurse Jane! So hopefully I will learn about food tomorrow. J wants out something fierce but I just want them to make sure he is doing okay first. Time to break out the games! Marg dropped in on their way to Terrace but we were in the movie. They left an ATV magazine and a card. James Wheat came by. We were talking and I was marveling at how I can look back over the last 6 months and see how God was preparing a way for all of this. Jason turns to me and says , " Oh I can see it going back years! Wow! You may be wondering how I am going to slow him down but we were discussing it today and he says really seriously. " No I am different now....I am going to learn how to do something and not push it."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
All these pictures are starting to make for great digital scrapbooking Ginger!
Glad to hear Jason is quickly getting back to his original self! I'm sorry i missed his escape from the hospital. I know Lizzy would be proud. :)
Ginger, it's all I can do to keep from crying when I see your updates. In a very small way I feel like this is happening to me. This blog was such a smart idea, btw. You are an incredibly strong lady. We think about your family constantly. Please let me know when I can help with something. It's nice to see that Jason hasn't gotten lost in all of this and still has spunk. :)
Post a Comment