Monday, June 30, 2008

A Brighter Day

Well first is first.  Jason is doing much better today than in the last week!  Last night the kids got here and at first it was hard.  Avalin wanted to see him on the machine but J got really emotional and we left.  Today he was up and buggin the nurses and Uncle and him and Erin played crib.  Ivy and Kelley came and he was sarcastic to her so that is good. (Ivy is his older sister) He actually looked forward to eating and wanted to sit in a chair and not in bed.  Uncle Steve was very brave t come see him, he never goes to hospitals.  The kids just love going to push the buttons on his bed and the elevators.  They are going to stay until tomorrow to help J celebrate Canada Day.  All the nurses couldn't believe there was a mini Jason running around!  J was on Ceftazidime and ceftriaxone and then they switched it to Vancomycin and Ancef.  Raanin keeps bumpin his arm and shoulder.  He punched him like the normal game goes and I thought J was going to melt.  So we now have the talk about no more punching and jumping.  They have seen the sites but I don't think they quite understand.  My parents took the kids to a big waterpark and they had lots of fun.  Irene Shurtliff took the Dog to a kennel for me so I don't have to worry about that any more.  Erin and I went shopping today and someone asked her for her name and she was so proud to say Alexander.  It was neat.  Oh ya...Jamie the dancing poo....the kids found it!  Oh my what a fun time that was!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the first time in almost 2 weeks I'm crying happy tears! Thank you! I'm glad that the kids and all his family and friends managed to get Jason out of his depression. The kids look pretty happy in the pictures to just see for themselves that their dad's ok too.

Hmm, vancomycin eh? There's a pretty high rate of antibiotic-resistant bugs with that one, so maybe ask the doctors about it. And make doubly sure that EVERYONE uses the hand sanitizer EVERY time they come into the room, especially the nurses and doctors. I don't think persistent diarrhea at this point would be much fun.

Dawn said...

HAPPY CANADA DAY eh!
Hey guys!
I think this is a great idea! I've been reading it pretty much every day. Wishing you the very best for your family. May you find strength when you need it and peace within yourselves.
Everyone is thinking of you. If you should ever need, you have a huge support group to lean on! And thats just family!! :)
Just wanted to let you know that you are in our thoughts and if you are ever in Vancouver and need a place to stay, Langley isn't too far a way and our door is always open!
Sending you prayers from afar!
Here's another joke I heard on the radio. Ready? Here goes...

Whats brown and sticky?????
A Stick!

So lame but so good :)
Happy thoughts from us!
Dawn & Justin

JamieK said...

Ha ha ha! I'm glad someone got full appreciation out of the dancing poo! I know Liz and I did. :)