Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Things that need to happen

Now ...
we have the problem.  
what are the limitations?  Well.. no more swimming at all.  No more lifting over 15 lbs.  yaright!  We shall see how that is going to work.  His diet will be severely changed.  He has a massive amount of pills to take.  
-multivitamin
-Sodium Bicarbonate
-Calcuim supplement, phosphate binders
-Iron supplements
-Vit D supplements (Alfacalcidol, one alpha)
-Aranesp
-Kayexalate/Sodium Polystyrene(potassium binder)
*no natural anything and no anti inflamatory drugs.  for sure no advil!  or grapefruit!
He has to get the flu shot and Pneumococcal Vaccine and Hepatitis B.  If he does get a transplant then he has to get all shots because after he can't catch anything! and cant have the shots after!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just curious, is he on a blood pressure medication too? I didn't see any on the list.

Bruce and Chandra said...

I hate grapefruit anyway. Chandra loves it so our kids love it to tease me but they don't actually all like it. When Chandra and I were on our month long drive honeymoon we were crossing the border into the US and I was so worried. I was driving my moms van without her in it and it was LOADED with all of Chandras stuff. The border officer asks if we have any grapefruit. I say "NO" and we get through without any problems.
I love not having grapefruit.