Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Drugs, Friends and a joke

Well we made it thru another day.  J was having alot of pain and so they put him on dilaudin?  or hydrpmorph?  apparently stronger than morphine.  Morphine makes him puke sooo.... They put a butterfly in his arm so they wouldn't have to keep poking him.  So his has a double tube comin out his collar and one in the left arm and one in his belly and 2 in his hand.  I get naseaus everytime I go in there.  I moved hotels again and finally found a decent one.  My mom will be here tomorrow so I am feeling good about that.  I am worried about his mom.  She needs to come see her son.  J's best friend from university happens to work here in xray!  So she came up and saw him this morning.  We haven't seen her since our wedding.  Jamie is coming tomorrow from Fort Nelson on her way home to Vancouver.  Stefan called with a joke today that made his night.  "A nun, a Rabi, and a Priest walk into a bar,  the bartender says what is this a joke!"  hahahhaha well he laughed!  He had another round of hemodyalisis today.  It wasn't painful today so that is good.  The nurse taking care of him alot is named Jane.    Jared... Rob already made the me Tarzan comments....She is a student nurse and follows him around and is learning lots from his case.   She is super nice and she gets things done.  I was talking to a nurse that was setting up his dyalisis about his pain in his chest and shoulder and she says it is because when you have surgery they fill you full of air and it pushes on the diaphram  and she sees lots of patients with refered pain in the shoulder from it.  So it is good to know.  Jane gave us some exercises to do when someone is laying around alot so they don't get coughs or sick.  You deep breathe 3 times in and out and on the 3rd one you let it out and cough 3 times.  It doesnt' have to be alot just enough to keep your lungs clear.  So good to know.  Also ankle rotations.  I think today went better.  He was eating way more and up more.  Well stoned more too.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ok so dad have you ever heard of the word of wisdom....jk i meanit's bad enough that my friends take one look at Nick and are scared for life but now my dad is a stoner.. come on whats next "Evil Juggling". love you Dad, erin Alexander. =)

Band_Geek (erin) said...

don't do drugs, stay in school, be cool.