Monday, July 7, 2008

stitches,bootcamp and laundry

Today I got up and while j was still sleeping I went to the Y and used my week pass the hemo clinic gave me to go to a class.  Bootcamp......I loved it!!!!I will be crazy sore tomorrow but I have to do something cause all the eating out and irregular everything is making all my clothes tight!  No more eating after 7!  We went and did laundry and grocery shopping so we don't have to eat out for breakfast and snacks.  At 2 we went to the hospital and j got his injection of antibiotics.  We talked to the nurse again because yesterday his hemo really hurt again.  They took off the bandage on his neck and took off the stitches.  The sticky bandage seemed to be irritating him.  So then a new nurse comes in and couldn't believe nobody had given him a "belt".  He had this tube that is about 10 inches and it just hangs there.  He had a sticker with a clip that was stuck to his belly and that held the tube.  Welll.....the sticker was irritating him too once we took it off it was obvious.  They have this cool belt that the whole tube fits in and he just wears it like a ...well it looks like a white cumberbun(sp?)  verycool.  So no more worries about it getting caught or hanging out.  The stitches coming out were painful he said but good.

On a lighter note...I got squirted in the eye with that hand sanitzer in the hospital that you use to clean your hands.  When J was getting his stitches out I wandered over to one and pressed on it to clean my hands and it didn't squirt down...but straight across my face!  Ya ...we laughed.  It stung for a good half hour.  

We drove out to find the Drive In theatre and the mini golf course and go-carts.(About 20mins out of town)  Only open on the weekends so we will do that later.  But there is amazing wild flowers here!  I have never seen anything like it.  All the fields are beautiful.  I recognize most but there is this one small orange red flower that I have never seen.  I know what indian paintbrush is but not this one.  today was good.  Talked to the little ones and my mom lots.  She is having fun and getting to know them which is nice.  

1 comment:

mumovearls said...

we love you! we just got in to NYC so I have been able to check the blog today from my phone. Jason keep fighting... I'll call when I get home to the west coast-n