Last night my internet was down so I didn't get to write anything so this morning I am going to write about yesterday. J can leave on day passes everday and it is nice to go out and wander around. We went for lunch and found a leather shop where he had a guy make him a custom belt. (his died a couple of months ago) It was very cool. We came back to the hospital and I met with the hemo nurses and they are going to give J outpaitent status starting sometime today. So we still have to be in PG but he can stay outside of the hospital and just go in for antibiotics and his meds and his hemo each day. The doctor doesn't like his catheder site in his neck. He thinks it is causing the infection in his blood. So they are going to move everything up. The 14th is the magic 3 week stage for being able to use the tankeoff in his stomach. So a couple of days before that they will pull the neck one out and start using the stomach one. Then we will have 4 days of training on it and be able to go home on the 17 or 18. So for sure we can go home by then. It seems unfair and made us emotional but when you go away and think about it this means no more hemo and no more pain from that neck thing! It also means we don't have to come back to PG for a long time and he can start doing it all at home sooner than we thought. Js blood pressure is really high again so we have to deal with that. One day at a time because otherwise it seems to change and side swipe you.
I almost passed out in hemo today! Don't know what changed but I just lost it. Uncle Jim and Auntie Audrey came in today and it was nice to see them. Liz came by and Cousin Amber and Alexander. Kevin and Nic are coming for the weekend.
My mom has the relief society all helping her with my garden and house. I laughed when I called and found out everyone was gutting and cleaning my house! It was hard to hear at first and I was sort of cringing to think that they see all my lack of cleaning but then I just thought! Hey go at it! It is one less stress I will have. We are dealing with having to have a sterile environment and so that is the way it is. Very humbling all of this. We miss the kids but really there is nothing we can do. We found a place to stay as of July 9th. Shirley Penny has room at her house for us so we are going to be living there until this is over.
1 comment:
Really she wants to phone you every time she urninates too (as opposed to 'your out' giggle) but we move on and try to limit the calls to once a day 'ish'.
Avy had a nap while Raanin was gone yesterday - she fell asleep on the couch for over an hour. When she woke up she was a different child - I think they just need to get back into a routine and schedule. Going and doing every single day is too crazy.
Raanin fell asleep in church today at the beginning slept at least 45 minutes by the time the interlude was over. He is much more cheerful now than he has been. Love Mom
Post a Comment