Today we went to our first lesson on the PD dyalysis. Jason really understands and is getting it all right. I am lost. That place makes me so sick physically. Not sure why but when I go in certain places there I feel like a truck hit me! I get dizzy and tired and feel like my limbs are heavy. Today I kept having to leave and go for a walk. There is lots of cleaning and sterile importance with this so how he thinks he can do it in the truck???? not sure. Before you even start you have to wash for 1 min(yes timed) you have t weight yourself before and after so who knows. Tied to home. If you are more interested come over some time. Or read the online manual. He was given a "goody bag" with special stuff to help him have his first shower in weeks! good times. He had his last hemo today from 2-5 and came back totally drained. They took of 2.1 kg of fluid and he was freezing and very worn out. Good thing that is over. Thurs morning they will take out the neck catheder and I think he will feel better. That hemo...if he had to do that full time it would kill him. He really hates it. We have to work on getting his potasium and phosphorus down. It is way too high.
We are really enjoying visiting with the Penny's. They are full of knowledge and insights. Very quiet people but great sense of English humour. I hit an emotional wall today. I just felt crazy....so I went and had a pedicure.....mmmmm....anyways. Going to try and entertain myself with a movie. 3 more sleeps.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hello Jason and Ginger,
We just wanted to let you know that you're in our prayers. All the kids are praying for you too. Bruce and I went to the temple a week ago and we also put Jason's name on the prayer roll.
Things are pretty good here, we've had some hot weather and crazy thunderstorms too. The fireworks in Lethbridge were cancelled because of heavy rain and lots of people's basements flooded. Yesterday we had hail the size of marbles.
Our kids haven't forgotten friends in FSJ. A couple weeks ago we were driving in the van and Caleb said out of the blue, "I miss Avalin. She's just so cute."
Talk to you later. We hope you do get to go home soon.
Chandra & Bruce
Post a Comment